Subodha is a faculty member at the Department of Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering, University of Moratuwa, researching on hardware security and trust, embedded systems and computer architecture.
He is also the group chairman of Pearl Cluster - a group of companies based in Sri Lanka operating in the energy, construction, software, digital marketing and healthcare sectors.
Hardware Security and Trust | Embedded Systems | Computer Architecture
Subodha’s research work explores how cryptography and machine learning techniques can be utilized to ensure security in resource-constrained embedded and IoT devices. He has published in several top conferences/journals during his short time in the field.
Energy Solutions | Health care | Construction
Subodha launched a startup with his colleagues focusing on the energy sector of Sri Lanka in 2013 and that company – Alta Vision (Pvt) Ltd is currently a market leader in Solar PV system installations in Sri Lanka. Alta Vision (Pvt) Ltd has expanded to other domains and is now operating as a group of companies - “Pearl Cluster”, operating in the energy, construction, software, digital marketing and healthcare sectors.
Subodha has been involved in IEEE since 2011 starting as a student member. He played a major role in uplifting IEEE activities in Sri Lanka and he was recognised as the best student volunteer in Asia Pacific region in 2015. He is currently serving as a member of the IEEE MGA Student Activities Committee, IEEE Entrepreneurship and IEEE Industry Engagement Committee.
- 2023-01-10 : Patent issued for collaborative work with Prof. Mishra and Prof. Lyu: "Securing System-on-Chip (SoC) Using Incremental Cryptography" Hot
- 2022-11-01 : Grant submitted to Asian Development Bank (Implementing a Microgrid Pilot Project at the Faculty of Technology, Rajarata University of Sri Lanka) in collaboration with the Rajarata University of Sri Lanka selected for funding. Hot
- 2022-12-01 : Grant submitted to Innovate UK (AR-Mini: AI-powered renewable mini-grids for rural regions in Sri Lanka) in collaboration with Robert Gordon University selected for funding. Hot
- 2022-12-01 : Grant submitted to Innovate UK (REACT - Renewable Energy Access for the Conversion of Tuk-tuks) in collaboration with University of Surrey and University of Sri Jayawardenapura selected for funding. Hot
- 2022-10-07 : Aruna and Hasini's work on network-on-chip trust verification is accepted in HASS 2022 New
Eavesdropping Attack Detection using Machine Learning in Network-on-Chip Architectures
Digital Watermarking for Detecting Malicious Intellectual Property Cores in NoC Architectures
The Pearl Cluster Story
22nd July 2012, I was in the workshop of the Department of Electronic & Telecommunication...
Social Media - Why We Are Not Ready and Why We Might Never Will Be
As someone who is nearing a decade since starting to use social media, and having used it...