Vice Chair, Education & Awards
IEEE Entrepreneurship Steering Committee
IEEE Entrepreneurship – Fostering the entrepreneurial spirit, creating an inspirational medium to discuss and develop ideas, facilitating connections, providing startup resources.
IEEE Innovation Nation Leadership Team
Our mission is to launch a platform where creativity meets its marketplace, where young minds get to know their opportunities and unite to learn, innovate, and grow as one. We envision a future where we will be adding at least 50 young people from each event every year who are fully trained in all related areas to start a successful business. The 2019 event will take place in Bosnia, Sri Lanka and Uganda.
IEEE Presidents Forum 2019
The IEEE Presidents Forum is a Town Hall type event which provides an opportunity for the participants to ask questions directly from the IEEE leadership, learn about the organization and discuss what IEEE does well. The 2019 Presidents Forum saw the participation of José M. F. Moura (IEEE President & CEO 2019), Jim Jefferies (IEEE President & CEO 2018) and Stephen Welby (Executive DIrector, IEEE). Subodha was the Co-Chair of the event and also, moderated the panel discussion.
Vice Chair, Social Impact
IEEE Entrepreneurship Steering Committee
As a part of the steering committee, worked on launching the Innovation Nation event in Sri Lanka for the first time. The event ran for 6 months including 8 workshops to train the entrepreneurs, mentoring sessions and concluded with the Finale in December.
Steering Committee Chair
IEEE Innovation Nation Sri Lanka
FINANCE COMMITTEE MEMBER
IEEE SECTIONS CONGRESS 2017
IEEE Sections Congress is a triennial gathering of Section leadership that includes four days of working sessions and networking. Sections Congress involves hundreds of delegates from all ten IEEE Regions. At the Congress, they learn how to utilize the resources of IEEE to maximize their effectiveness as IEEE volunteer leaders. Subodha worked on developing the Sponsorship Proposal, Website and worked for fundraising.
South Asia Area Chair
Chapter & Membership Development Committee
IEEE Region 10 Congress 2015
- Member of the 5 member committee appointed by the section to draft the proposal to win the bid.
- Selected as the congress secretary
- Lead the secretariat overseeing the operations of all the committees.
R10 Congress 2015 Group Photo
IEEE Region 10 Student/YP/WIE Congress 2015 gathered the top leadership of IEEE and more than 250 delegates to Sri Lanka for a 4-day congress to network and learn.
Won the Larry. K Wilson Regional Student Activities Award 2015
The purpose of this award is to recognize, annually, in each Region of the IEEE, the Student member most responsible for an extraordinary accomplishment associated with Student Activities. The value of a Student member who shows a pattern of dedication and ongoing service to a Student Branch/Student Branch Chapter is certainly recognized.
- Selected as the first Sectional Student Representative (SSR) of the section among more than 750 student members.
- Acted as the main contact point between students and IEEE Sri Lanka section executive committee.
- Subodha played the pivotal role in bringing the student branches together which were operating in an isolated manner till then.
- He initiated a “Learning Labs” session to introduce v-tools and CLE for the newly appointed student branch committees.
- Several awareness sessions were held throughout the country to expand the student network.
- A web and social media team with representatives from all the student branches was formed and that team developed the new Sri Lanka Section website under his guidance.
UoM SB Won the Darrel Chong Silver Award for CodeExpertz 1.0
IEEE University of Moratuwa Student Branch
- Selected as one of the four executive committee members among more than 250 members in the student branch.
- Part of the organizing committee of all the events carried out by the student branch during 2012 and 2013.
- Initiated CodeExpertz 1.0 – the first ever programming competition for school students in the country.
- Founding secretary of IEEE PES Chapter – University of Moratuwa.
- Co-Editor of IEEE University of Moratuwa student branch newsletter 2012
IEEE Sri Lanka Section Congress 2013
- Co-Chair of the second Student/YP/WIE Congress in the section.
- Subodha led the way to form a committee including representatives from all the student branches and organized the event.
- The event saw the participation of more than 150 participants from all the student branches, YP (formerly GOLD) and WIE affinity groups.
- The congress played a major role in bringing the student branches together. It was arguably the event which laid the platform to strengthen the Sri Lanka section student network.